CSG Cylinder and Texture Locking

Olby

Basically whenever the texture locking is enabled and you create a horizontal cylinder its texture will be stretched out of proportions. Afaik there is no way to avoid or fix it afterwards.

Below you can see a cylinder created with texture locking (left) and without:

post-4357-0-43502300-1407978766.jpg

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Well you can select the faces and shift/rotate/scale the UV for the face as needed, but from what I can see it doesn't appear that the texture lock works at all, unless I am missing some caveat on how to use/implement. If I rotate the cylinder about its x/y/z axis with texture lock on or off, the texture doesn't stay in the direction it was set originally.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I must be missing some step to make it work. I created a cylinder like the OP shows with texture lock off, switched to 'select faces' and performed a 'Fit' & 'treat as one' for the Justify options. I turned on the texture lock, which prevents lateral movement of the texture. And if I click the 'Rotate' it seems to work properly. But if I simply just picked from the toolbar one of the 'Rotate X/Y/Z' buttons, the texture does not rotate with the CSG face but rather stays in the same direction as previous. The results are the same whether texture lock is on or not.

post-14-0-27772600-1408409373.jpg

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Mack, that is a separate issue I just fixed. The routine just hadn't been updated for texture locking.

Since I haven't heard back and I think the original issue is fixed, I am closing this. Please tell me if there is anything else.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.