Graphics Card Trouble

zillalover

Hello,

I just recently purchased Leadwerks and was super excited to use it, however upon initial launch, the error of:

Leadwerks Editor

Failed to initialize graphics. Please ensure your graphics hardware is compatible and install new graphics drivers.

I have attempted to update all drivers and there has been no change.

I'm fairly certain my graphics card should be able to run it and have gotten increasingly frustrated over the last day of trying to make this program run/ figure out what I need to download to make it run.

My computer specs are:

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Graphics 1: Radeon ™ HD 6770M

Graphics 2: Intel® HD Graphics Family

I've scoured the forums, but each solution doesn't pan out.

Help me Obi'Wan you're my only hope.

My Windows system check on it says yes.

Last night I ran the auto updater from AMD to double check and it downloaded a file 273 MB in size which I thought was the newest driver, but it may have been the beta.

I performed a system restore because that driver messed with my screen resolution in a way that I couldn't fix it.

I'm manually downloading AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver 14.9 now.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

I'll see if that fixes it and update you.

It worked once. The update has messed with my screen resolution and upon a restart the driver no longer worked. I performed a system restore again and now no longer have my other restore points. Redownloaded the driver only to have it mess with screen resolution again and it is providing me with the same error.

At this point I am beyond frustrated.

It worked once. The update has messed with my screen resolution and upon a restart the driver no longer worked. I performed a system restore again and now no longer have my other restore points. Redownloaded the driver only to have it mess with screen resolution again and it is providing me with the same error.

At this point I am beyond frustrated.

You can find out which graphics chip is running by looking at the program log located at "USER\Documents\Leadwerks\Leadwerks.log".

AMD / Intel combos require you to manually set the program to use the AMD card:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8120-graphics-drivers/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is your computer a laptop with one video output only, or a desktop with two video outputs (integrated intel motherboard and Radeon) ?

1) If it's desktop installing Radeon drivers will automatically switch to Radeon card display output.

2) Is it's desktop you'll have to install Catalyst package and change manually the graphic card used by Leadwerks (select performance on the menu)

Google it to find examples :

smile.png

Stop toying and make games