site Downloads menu

YouGroove

It will be left up, but I feel like the Workshop is at a point now where it is capable of replacing the zip downloads. You can now upload a zip file containing your files with any folder structure you like, and the installation process for Workshop items has been made a lot simpler. You no longer have to subscribe to things in Steam, you can just click install in the browser and they're instantly downloaded and installed.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

i just uploaded my first workshop file. but when i had the lua file right at the first level in the zip-file when i subscribed it had put the lua file in the root of my project right next to the exe files.

not sure if that is intended as that could get messy.

I decided to leave it up to the author. For a lot of different dialogs in Leadwerks, it defaults to a specific location like "Shaders\PostProcess" or "Materials\Sky". By allowing the author to place files wherever they want files can go in their proper place. It also makes publishing easier because you don't have to worry about breaking file references by moving everything into an "AddOns" folder.

File published before a certain date still get extracted to the "AddOns" folder, to maintain compatibility with the way they were original published.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ok. but then this tutorial must be pretty old:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/artwork/how-to-use-the-workshop-r111

and it should be mentioned there how the directory structure of the zip file should look like.

I had to upload it twice because i didn't knew and uploading with my still slow internet (~200 kbit/s upload) is just args. :)