missing files? command errors?

MiC

Invisible prefabs or models (mdl) in DLC and in the AI and Events map?

When I go to view / render mode / textured, I can see the crawlers in the editor, but not when I select "textured + lighting"? The crawlers disappear? When I RUN the map, it doesn't display the crawlers, but I do take damage from them and hear the sound of them.

This is weird, I can see a thumbnail of the Crawler.mdl, crawler.mat, crawler.tex, but when I right-click and re-import, it says "No source file found"??? I just bought this software this week and haven't done much so how can I be missing files? The icons are there and the image shows, but it is invisible because it says I don't have the file?

All I did was open the tutorial or premade map and ran the game, I did not change anything. wondering if this package is missing something?

The "Clear" button to erase a material doesn't erase or clear, it just comes back up

wondering if this is a glitch or the materials were taken out on purpose?

When I start a new project and create my first box, the materials line is blank and has a generic color to start off with, but once I apply any kind of material to that object, it is duplicated throughout the entire project unless I change it. I was wondering why I can't just have a default non-material object created from scratch without having any material applied to it or having the software use what I previously used??

I just want to clear the material or .mat from my object, so i can carve objects or hollow them out, because it won't let me undo an object with a material connected to it, "Only brushes that have no hierarchy can be carved" It keeps displaying a material i used previously even after creating a new object, it just duplicates my previous object. Clear option doesn't do anything, it clears the name, but does not remove the material, it only does so you can choose another one, but not clear it completely from the object itself?

I am a beginner and have been watching many leadwerks tutorials on youtube and the tutorial provided by leadwerks, but none of them can explain the issues I'm having. I really enjoy this software, and would like to further my knowledge of it because this software is letting me do what I always dreamed of doing.