System Requirements

rider_eragon

Hi all,

On the Leadwerks Specifications Page, the recommended requirements say nVidia GeForece 8800 or ATI RADEON HD 5870.

On the Wiki Requirements however, the recommended requirements are a GeForce 8800 or RADEON HD 4870.

Now to anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the latest GPU technologies, the jump from the 4800 series to the 5800 series is a huge jump (DirectX 10[.1] to DirectX 11 + a couple of billion transistors).

When I first read GeForce 8800, I took it as the Ultra because of the 5870 listed next to it. But even a single overclocked 8800 Ultra will only match or perhaps just exceed the regular 4870 in terms of benchmarking scores (and thus real time scores). Then you've got the GTX, GTS and GT models which probably would only match a 4850 at best.

I'm assuming that the 5970 (that is, five) was a typo, and I'm fairly confident about it, seeing as my single 4890 was able to run the 2.3 demo rather nicely a while back.

I'm not meaning to be condescending or anything - I'm helping point out a minor technicality that may deter people with less-powerful cards.

Cheers!

1283019.png

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two

GPU 1: XFX ATI RADEON HD 4890 GPU 2: XFX ATI RADEON HD 4890