Does 3d world studio support road?

tcmodder

Hey guys been a while sense ive been in here but ive kinda drifted away from game making(im still interested but haven't really got figured it out haha).But im into making terrains for games.I seem to have a nice talent for terrain making.I guess you could say i have the patience for it.

But see i liked leadwerks game engine so much i took a look into exporting terrains from the game engine and from what i can find its not possible.Thats when i remembered 3d world studio supports terrain making but i cant find anything about it supporting road creation like in the game engine.So im asking does it?

Edit:Ive gave it some thought and i guess i could use leadwerks to make the terrain export as a .raw and import it into 3d world studio then add say buildings and things then export it from there to a file format.

xtremelogo.jpg

I'm not at all sure what it is you are trying to achieve here from your description.

Do you own a copy of Leadwerks Engine?

To answer your first question ... 3D World Studio does not support road building within the application.

Virtually all functions of 3D World Studio are superseded by the Leadwerks Editor with the exception of the ability to model using CSG. So it would appear from your description that you would be better off using the Leadwerks Editor to create your terrains, do your roads, and import buildings you have made with 3D World Studio.

The only reason I could see for not doing this is if you in fact want to create levels for exporting to some other format for example .dbo in which case you would need to use 3D World Studio as you suggest (but forget the roads unless you simply paint those on as a texture layer).

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++