Can't import .smf files from AC3D

Epsi

Whenever I create a model in Inivis' AC3D, save it as *.SMF and try to import it in 3DWS (or select it in the 3DWS Model Browser) 3DWS chrashes :( Which fault is it - mine, AC3D's or 3DWS? I just want to create my own *.smf models in AC3D like those in the "model" folder of the 3DWS' program directory. The models I create in AC3D are placed in 3DWS' "model" folder and do show up correctly whith their name in 3DWS, but when I try to select or place them, the application crashes.

Can someone help me, please?

The smf format which ac3d uses is not the same smf format what 3dws uses.

Ac3d smf is made for the game 4x4 evolution, while 3dws smf format is a secret model format which only 3dws can read.

You can use for example the .x format to export from ac3d and import in 3dws.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I always thought the smf format used in 3DWS was unique to 3DWS. So I'm guessing the .smf that AC3D exports is a non compatible format. Just export to .X and use those in 3DWS, I doubt either of the .smf files will be recognised by any game engine!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thank you for the answers! But where do I have to place the *.x files so that 3DWS recognizes them as objects? I already tried to export models from AC3D as Direct X (*.x) files, but when I place them in 3DWS' "model" folder, they don't show up in the program :(