how to setup a mtl file

Spider

Hi

I was wondering how I would setup a mtl file with all these texture files combined so the texture would look like it does in crazybump? thanks for you help in advance ! Bill

brick_wall01_color.dds

brick_wall01_disp.dds

brick_wall01_nrm.dds

brick_wall01_occ.dds

brick_wall01_spec.dds

if you could explain your help it would be greatly apperceated as I'm learning and knowing the whys really help in this proccess.

brick_wall01_textures.zip

Hello Spider,

I'm not sure what to do with the OCC but here is the way you can load the other four.

Put the DISP in the Alpha channel of your COLOR. I use the DirectX Texture Tool that comes with the DirectX SDK. All you have to do is load up the COLOR map and then choose file menu - Open on the alpha channel of this Surface.. the DISP file, then save. (Just a side note the DISP might need to be made a negative You can do this in a program called IrfanView click on image menu then Negative )

Put the SPEC in to the Alpha channel of your NRM using using the DirectX Texture Tool as before. (Just a side note to get the normal map looking right in the material editor I had to flip the colour channels. You can do this in a program called IrfanView. Use Image/swap colors and then experiement with them as I can't remember what colors needed swapping. Do this before you add the SPEC into the normal map.)

Then write a mat file called brickwall01.mat . You can do this using the Material editor in Leadwerks or just copy this code.

texture0="abstract::brick_wall01_color.dds"
clamp0=0,0,0
texture1="abstract::brick_wall01_nrm.dds"
clamp1=0,0,0
blend=0
depthmask=1
depthtest=1
overlay=1
zsort=1
cullface=1
castshadows=1
specular=0.500000000
bumpscale=1.00000000
gloss=0.500000000
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_parallax.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_specular_pom.frag"
shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow.vert",""

Is this how it is supposed to look?

post-252-0-73047700-1319392744_thumb.png

See the leadwerks documentation for anymore information Materials

brick_wall01_textures.zip