Best way to put 3d World Studio into action

fpsr

I'm a big fan of the Hammer editor so I'm wrapped to have been pointed towards the 3d world studio engine...

My hope is just to create maps in 3d world studio and make a simple FPS game.. Looking at the leadwerks engine though, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.. I have no idea about lua and wouldn't know where to start for importing the maps and creating a basic FPS.

Are there any good resources on how to create an FPS in the leadwerks engine? Or should I be trying one of the other engines that are mentioned on the 3D world studio page?

I'm basically looking for a well documented engine that will allow an inexperienced programmer to create an fps with maps built on the 3d world studio.. networking is an added bonus.

Thanks

You don't need to know much about lua, some of us do not use it much, but you need to know c c++ or Blitzmax.

There is example code on the wiki, in the asset store and there are fps scene loader examples on the forum.There is a version of 3dws for le users which exports to the gmf file format used by le editor.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Yeah I saw this video from someone who has apparently done it:

They linked to a tutorial on how to do it ( http://forum.thegame...ew&t=75363&b=21 ) so I'll be giving that a shot today. Hope it works!

Edit: Just trying it out now, but I see that the demo version of 3DWS doesn't allow exporting, so I won't be able to test this out to see if it works