Release Notes

Josh

• Face smooth groups are supported, in the editor only.
  • Only faces on the same brush will be considered in the smoothing. Smooths do not yet work across multiple brushes.
  • Smooth groups are currently incompatible with face bevels. I do not yet understand how these two features will interact.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

0.9.8 (Editor only)

• Brush faces that have a number of sides other than four will now work with tessellation and edge bevels. I need to add some more polygons at the corners to eliminate the sharp transition in the normals.
  • These faces do not currently have any internal subdivision, like quad faces do.

image.thumb.png.7cbca6e67ad48c53bf30cac23da3caf1.png

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Bevels, smooth groups, and tessellation with brushes are just about finished now. The only thing missing is I need to add subdivision of non-quad faces to limit the maximum edge length.
  • Bevels will override smooth groups. Each faces will use one or the other, or neither, but not both.
  • Added a new editor mode that pops the asset browser out into the view panel.
  • The left sidebar buttons have some wonky behavior that needs to be worked out. Don't worry about it for now. :)

image.thumb.png.dd3392877f6d9dbb97538622c4f3be79.png