Help

Einar

I have gotten somewhat off my arse in terms of LUA programming, however I cannot seem to program a button in the menu screen to restart the current scene, if any help or assistance can be provided, thank you. 

Skjermbilde 2024-05-27 023205.png

The FPS project includes a sample map where walking into an area will trigger a map change.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

The FPS project includes a sample map where walking into an area will trigger a map change.

Yes I'm aware, but I'm not trying to make a trigger zone, no. I'm trying to add a button to the menu where the player can use anywhere, but when I try it out it just overlaps the map I'm already in and causes alot of bugs.

The trigger does this by setting the global variable "changemapname" to a new value. If you do the same thing with your button, then the value will be detected in the main loop and a new map will be loaded.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

The trigger does this by setting the global variable "changemapname" to a new value. If you do the same thing with your button, then the value will be detected in the main loop and a new map will be loaded.

How do I do that in Menu.lua?