2D View Selection

I'm posting in suggestion since the current system seems to be a surface pick for selecting/moving objects. I have a frame model here that's annoying to work with as you need to select/grab the edge of the model in-order to manipulate it.

My suggestion is just making the selector use the bounding box for models but there might be a better way. 

windowborder.zip

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

15 hours ago, reepblue said:

I'm posting in suggestion since the current system seems to be a surface pick for selecting/moving objects. I have a frame model here that's annoying to work with as you need to select/grab the edge of the model in-order to manipulate it.

My suggestion is just making the selector use the bounding box for models but there might be a better way. 

windowborder.zipUnavailable

When I click to download the page says:
This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

When I click to download the page says:
This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.windowborder2.zip

I was able to download it just fine on my laptop. Try this reupload.

Edit: The site is being dumb, I sent it over discord.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I think selecting an object should use a polygon pick, but once it is selected, I could see a good argument for using the bounds of the selection as the area to click and drag to move things.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.