Questions, Praise and suggestions lmao

(sorry this turned out to be a lot longer of a message than i originally thought it would be)
Hello, hope everyone is doing well! I was wondering where everyone learned the languages used in ultra?
I'm more of a visual learner so going through documentation to see what does what, does not work for me sadly, so when i look up videos to try and get a base line understanding of C++ (the main language i want to try and use) i get a lot of videos that lead to unreal engine, that are older and in general have different work flows from Ultra, most will reference blueprints, but when they do actually get into the code they use dependencies that are  for Unreal I believe. and from what I've been gathering this is a engine that won't really hold your hand which i personally think is awesome, but its leaving me a bit stuck XD.
so back to the main point would there be any resources you would recommend for someone who knows very little about coding that would help get me started in Ultra?

now i would also like to give some praise to the software from what I've been able to do by myself so far while I'm here as i don't wanna just be like "HOW DO STUFF" and leave lol. as well as a few suggestions XD.

Praise 

1. The Asset Viewer is very easy to use
  2. The ability to load animations and extract animations from a single animation is very useful
  3. The level Editor is very easy to use 
  4. The world effects are super nice
  5. the foliage system is great
  6. so far the whole community/experience has been pretty cool

Suggestions

1. the ability to have a shared asset folder between projects, maybe utilizing the asset library so if there is some overlap in your assets for example i personally have like 18 tree models which i might use in different projects but it could save space as if you have 2 or 3 projects and you have to have a copy of the same model for each project that could take up a good chunk of room overtime.
  2. I may just be missing how to do this, but the ability to switch in between the skyboxes after selecting one from the Asset library, like in my current project i have 2 skyboxes in my project files, it would be cool if we could just look up and drag and drop the .EXR onto what would be the sky and it change, instead of having to go back in the Library and select the old one and press install again.

Sorry again for the long read, but i do appreciate any recommendations/resources i could use to learn, and just a thank you to the Dev and community for making it such a welcoming place! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MerakiJC said:

Suggestions

1. the ability to have a shared asset folder between projects, maybe utilizing the asset library so if there is some overlap in your assets for example i personally have like 18 tree models which i might use in different projects but it could save space as if you have 2 or 3 projects and you have to have a copy of the same model for each project that could take up a good chunk of room overtime.
  2. I may just be missing how to do this, but the ability to switch in between the skyboxes after selecting one from the Asset library, like in my current project i have 2 skyboxes in my project files, it would be cool if we could just look up and drag and drop the .EXR onto what would be the sky and it change, instead of having to go back in the Library and select the old one and press install again.

Hello, and welcome!

1. This is a nice idea. The same thought has occurred to me. I need to think a bit more about how it should work. Copying a single file into the project would not always work, because some assets consist of multiple files. For example, a model usually uses external material files, and materials use external files for textures. So that is a question that needs to be resolved in order for something like this to be added.

2. If you open the World Settings dialog, you can change the skybox and PBR reflection maps there. There are actually three different cubemaps used for the skybox, specular reflection, and diffuse reflection.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.