Probe Reflections Keep Breaking

reepblue

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I've been noticing that every time I restart the editor and load a map with global illumination already built, I see the default cubemap in the reflections.

A great map to test this is the Maps/testroom.ultra in XFORM. It seems like I have to rebuild the reflections every time the map changes or I restart the editor!

• Thanks 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I tried it with OBS recording but obviously didn't trigger.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe after an update. I would try reloading that map you've tested another time. Maybe it can also be related to git and how the line ending changes. Every project I have is sync'd with git.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

A while back there was a change to the way probe data is stored in maps, which would have caused those maps to need to be recalculated, but once you do that once it should work thereafter.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Github desktop is trying to do merges in .ultra files. This should not ever happen because these are binary files.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Found it!

1) Make a map, build the GI, save it and close in the editor.

2) Reopen the editor with the map, add a pivot or something, save, and close the editor.

3) Reopen the editor and map and the reflection should be missing.

I'll send you a video over discord.

• Like 1

Yay, now I know where to look. You don't even need to modify anything, it's just that the data loaded from the map is not getting saved, only newly generated data gets saved.