Ultra Loading

Alienhead

I have the same issue and it started after adding a new gltf model (a larger one) into the project.

Now everytime the editor is started, it takes a lot of time. In the log i can see, that the model is reconverted everytime to mdl (including all textures etc).

• Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version
  • NVIDIA Geforce 1080 TI

3 hours ago, klepto2 said:

As a sidenote: The main reason for the long loading time (regardless the not wanted conversion) is, that the conversion of texture to dds seems to be extremely slow in the latest build. It takes minutes for just a simple 2k jpg. 

Can you post a link to download this texture? I just tried one and it converted in a few seconds:
https://polyhaven.com/a/tiger_rock

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ok, i think the bottleneck were some textures saved originally in png with a size of 4k. These textures take a lot of time to convert. jpgs of the same size worked fast. Will test it a bit more and provide you the textures which convert slow later.

• NVIDIA Geforce 1080 TI

Converting textures alone, works flawless and only takes a few few seconds (even when the size is above 2k). But when converting a gltf model to mdl it is painfully slow. 
image.png.60bde5c71f11ba9bf21421b486907465.png

As you can see it takes more than 5 minutes for just 23 textures. (around 5 materials) and i have killed the preview exe to not disturb the process. With the preview exe running it doubles the amount of time.

• NVIDIA Geforce 1080 TI