Navmesh issues

Rick

I have 3 different scenarios here. I also have the debug navmesh visible. The one that shows the navmesh is being generated on the bottom is CSG. That's what we'd expect. The top right one is the plane.mdl that comes with LE and it's scaled to be large enough to what I would think would allow for a navmesh to be generated (there is a shape on here that matches the width/depth with a height of 1) but no navmesh is generated. The left one is the plane.mdl at normal size and just stacked next to each other (again it has a shape) and I would expect a navmesh to be generated with this too, but no such luck.

I ask this because I'm experimenting with an idea where I would need to manipulate a plane (terrain like) and characters would need to walk on this plane and I'd lover to use the built-in navmesh to do so.

Why isn't the navmesh being generated with the plane models if all the navmesh uses is shapes to determine where to be created?

pathfinding.png

I'm facing similar issues, and I think it might have something to do with the hierarchical structure of models. I tried the following:

1) Create a CSG box -> Navmesh is generated (for the generated box, "Navigation obstacle" is checked right after creation)

2) Create a pivot and move the CSG box as a child under the pivot -> navmesh still there

3) Uncheck the "Navigation obstacle" -> navmesh gone

4) Check "Navigation obstacle" (on box or pivot, doesn't matter) -> navmesh still not visible.

5) Move the CSG box under root again, uncheck and check "Navigation obstacle" -> navmesh back again

Since models are imported with a parent-child relation (SKIN_MESH, then the model) and with the obstacle box unchecked, they're facing those problems "by default".