Slightly rotated character model issue

Rick

This is a strange one. I'm using the swat character from Dexsoft. I imported and texture in LE editor. I dragged the character into my scene and all looks fine. I put a camera in the scene so it can see this character. I run the game and my character looks like he forgot to drink his V8. He's leaning to the right. No scripts or anything. I go back to the editor and in the editor he's perfectly upright again. I close LE and reopen it and now even in the editor he's leaning to the right. This is very odd.

I have a zombie model in the game and it's not like this. Now it sounds like it's something with the model and I'll look at it in Dexsoft, but why would the first time putting it in the editor show it perfectly upright, but in game and when I reopen the editor it shows it tilted?

I've pulled this model and exported it from UU3D again (and it's perfectly upright in UU3D. I'm exporting to gmf), but no matter what this character is tilted when I run the game and if I reopen the scene in LE. Something in LE is causing this thing to tilt. When I open it in the model editor it's upright.

Because rotations are being stored as euler angles and there is some inherent inaccuracy in that definition. This will be updated shortly to use 4x4 matrices in the map file format, to store orientations. The map file format is always backwards compatible with older versions, so the problem will just silently fix itself.

• Upvote 1