Model Maker, Terrain Editor.

Chrispy_94

So I am considering purchasing Leadwerks off steam as someone who has never touched coding or game creating before but I am willing to learn and from what I have researched, Leadwerks is the perfect place to start.

My only questions are:

Does Leadwerks come with any model making software for creating everything from doors to weapons and even people?

If not, do you know of any compatible (hopefully free) software I can download?

Same question for a terrain editor, will mainly be used for small exterior environments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Blender is a great 3D modeling program. It's free and has a ton of resources and I'm pretty sure it can export to FBX file format which Leadwerks can read/import. Often people are generally coders or artists with a few being able to do both. So if you haven't done any game creation be sure to try your hand at both and see what interest you more. They both take a lot of time to get really good at.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have done a fair bit of 3D modeling before however for a completely different purpose (Industrial Design). This is quite different to anything I have done before so initially it will be a challenge but I have to time to learn.

I will definitely give Blender a look.

Thanks.