Regarding The Workshop & Uploading To It...

Patrick

Hello everyone... I'm a 3D Artist, and I don't own the Leadwerks engine just yet but I was wondering if I had to, to be able to take part in the 'Workshop' area, by take part I simply mean upload assets for others to use with Leadwerks.

I was working on some Alien / Creature type characters to upload for free for others to use but it was taking a little longer for me to flesh out the design as I literally just jumped into sculpting with no reference so they're not yet finished, but it would be nice to contribute once I get them finished up.

I've been planning on making a dungeon crawler type game and I was going to shoot for that "next gen" look but I found a game on Steam earlier called 'Dragon Nest' and I really like the style/proportions of the characters so I spent an hour sketching up the archer and modelling it out in a new software I've found to kill two birds with one stone and see what i could get done with the software. Long story short, my game art style will likely be similar to this at least for prototyping the model creation process will take significantly less and with me working on learning LUA and this engine too it will help a great deal but I will probably make some characters of the same style that I won't include in my game and upload to the 'Workshop' for those wanting to make an adventure type fantasy game or whatever they can think of that doesn't involve FPS and maybe help add a little diversity to the output of the engine a little, but it won't likely make great use of the amazing rendering of this engine...

Here is a preview of the model I created based on the game art of the above mentioned game I found earlier. It might be a little off because I only played it for like an hour: (the software used was Nvil by Digital Fossil)

http://i.imgur.com/24zdCLO.png

That's the type of model / art style I will now be using when I start with this game engine, but I would need to look into perhaps making a custom shader/material?

Sorry for rambling on a bit there, its 1am and I'm quite tired... So off to bed now and I will be back to check for replies in the morning. Thanks for reading and hopefully you can help me with the info on uploading to the 'workshop' section.