Can Climb Steep Terrain Wall

I created a wall using terrain. However, my character (using a character controller) goes straight up it instead of bumping into it.

wall.jpg

Is there something I could be doing wrong or could this be a bug?

player = Model::Load("Models/Mage/mage.mdl");
player->SetScale(0.02, 0.02, 0.02);
player->SetMass(1);
player->SetPhysicsMode(Entity::CharacterPhysics);
player->SetShadowMode(1);

float move = (window->KeyDown(Key::Up)-window->KeyDown(Key::Down))*8;
float strafe = (window->KeyDown(Key::Right)-window->KeyDown(Key::Left))*8;
player->SetInput(0, move, strafe);

Fixed your image link;

wall.jpg

lol

Basically, I had to switch the terrain collision to a raycast as a quick fix for another problem, but I still have to take the normal into account to calculate sliding. There are a few small issues with the character controller I want to improve, and this is one.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

15 days. smile.png

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-summer-summer-solstice

Though to be honest I can work around this wall problem for now (by creating custom physics barriers in Max) and making less steep hills. My larger concern is if a dozen or more character controllers drastically slows down the game as that's what I'll be trying to implement soon.

My larger concern is if a dozen or more character controllers drastically slows down the game as that's what I'll be trying to implement soon.

Hm well I am not completely sure if this is related but my game I'm working on using has like 20-30 character controllers that travel on terrain and it lags pretty hard. The only thing I have found that increases my fps is deleting/hiding some of my character controllers.

Check out my game Rogue Snowboarding- 

https://haydenmango.itch.io/roguesnowboarding

• 3 months later...